Types of Car Accidents
Lawyer One car accident attorneys have experience handling a variety of car accident cases, including:
Distracted Driving - Distracted driving is an action that takes a driver’s mind and eyes off the road and their hands off the wheel. Driving distracted is the primary cause of traffic accidents in the U.S.
Speeding - Driving above the speed limit is a common practice for many motorists. It’s also illegal behavior that increases the risk of losing control of a vehicle and causing an accident. Speeding is the second highest cause of road accidents in the United States.
Aggressive or Reckless Driving - Reckless driving usually involves a motorist that’s speeding, changing lanes without looking, tailgating other motorists, and ignoring road signs. It is an illegal driving habit that’s now the fourth most common cause of road accidents in the United States.
Drowsy Driving - Sleep deprivation and being tired from other activities or driving for too long can negatively impact your reaction time, reduce vigilance, and impair concentration, which are the common culprits of an accident.
Drunk or Intoxicated Driving - In Nevada, it is illegal for a driver under the age of 21 to have a blood alcohol concentration level greater than 0.02 percent for drivers under the age of 21, for commercial license holders 0.04 percent, and for all other drivers 0.08 percent. When people drive after consuming alcohol, their response time, and the ability to focus on the road is reduced, increasing the risk of an accident.
When to Hire a Car Accident Attorney
Do you want to face professional attorneys and adjusters who work full-time for insurance companies whose motive is to settle for the lowest possible amount?
There are many benefits to hiring a car accident attorney, such as Lawyer One, when you've been injured, especially if your injuries are serious.
- Attorneys are professionals experienced in dealing with insurance companies in car accident cases.
- Having an Attorney offers you leverage, so the insurance company does not take advantage of you.
- Attorneys can advocate for you and prepare the accident demand package. The demand package includes documentary evidence of your claim, such as police reports, witness statements, medical bills, lost time and income from work. We use supporting comments from your employer and other parties involved who were affected by the accident, and any additional information that supports your claim.
- You need a negotiator; someone to explain why your case deserves more money than the insurance company might think it is worth. The accident demand letter will detail all suffered losses and include language to minimize the insurance company’s potential claims of comparative negligence. Your car accident attorney will use evidence and testimonies to block the insurance company’s attempts to split responsibility for the accident between you and the responsible party and reduce your settlement.
- An attorney can evaluate the insurance company’s offer to determine whether you are receiving fair compensation.
Car accident victims usually do not know what to do or not when dealing with an insurance company. They may say something to damage their claim, sign something that limits their rights or forget to include information that could affect the amount of their claim.
At Lawyer One, we believe that you deserve to be compensated for the pain and suffering you have experienced, and your rights should be fully protected. We are experienced car accident attorneys who will stand up for you and work tirelessly to hold a reckless, careless, or negligent driver accountable for their actions and recover the highest settlement for your claims.
Let Us Help You Recover Damages
In law, damages are an award of money to be paid to a person as compensation for loss or injury. The purpose of damages are to restore the victim financially, physically, and emotionally for specific, documentable losses.
Our team of qualified, experienced attorneys is here to advise you on how to recover the maximum possible damages so that you can heal and move forward. Below are examples of special damages that we can help you recover:
Medical expenses - Injuries sustained in car accidents range from the most minor to the most debilitating, and some of these injuries do not present symptoms right away. If your doctor believes you may have future medical expenses resulting from the accident in question, we can factor those projected costs.
Common medical expenses that can be recovered include:
- Ambulance fees
- Hospital stays
- Doctor's visits
- Necessary in-home services
- Physical therapy
Loss of wages/income - The injuries caused by a car accident may leave you unable to work either temporarily or permanently. If you are in the hospital for any amount of time, we want to help recover lost income during that period. Additionally, you may lose wages due to doctor’s appointments or physical/cognitive therapy appointments following your car accident. In the case of permanent injuries, we can seek professional help to determine the loss of earning capacity over your lifetime.
Pain and suffering - Pain and Suffering are one of the most commonly misunderstood terms in law. For legal purposes, pain and suffering means physical and emotional damage. It includes discomfort caused by medical treatment of the injuries, limitations to daily activities, depression, scarring or disfigurement, and post-traumatic stress disorder caused by the accident. We can have professionals determine a fair compensation number and seek recovery for your pain and suffering.
Loss of companionship - Loss of companionship includes the loss of emotional support, intimacy, and friendship. When a loved one is severely injured, they are no longer able to be there for their spouse or children, help with chores, or take children to games. We can help seek compensation for the hardship their family faces.
While you focus on your healing & rest, let Lawyer One focus on recovering damages for our losses, pain, and suffering.